Even though we make Haile Plantation Animal Clinic as comfortable as possible for pets, and try our hardest to keep your dog or cat happy during their visit… some pets just prefer having their veterinary visit right in the comfort of their own home.
And, house calls (or home veterinary visits) have some benefits for you as a pet parent, too…
You don’t have to worry about traffic, or about wrangling your furry best friend into a carrier… instead, you can just sit back and have us come to you.
How do house calls work?
You can schedule the time that’s best for you, by calling us at 352-350-5471.
We’ll try to work around your schedule… but, be sure to schedule ahead of time if possible, as time slots for this special service tend to fill up quickly.
When we arrive at your home at the scheduled time, there will be a veterinarian and veterinary technician there to take care of your pet.
Here are some of the services we can perform right in your home, depending on your pet’s needs:
- Physical exams
- Heartworm tests
- Bloodwork and other diagnostic tests
- Nail trims
- Administering medications or fluids for you
- Pain management (including laser therapy)
- End of life care (including compassionate hospice care, and a euthanasia in your home where your pet is most comfortable)
Which pets benefit from house calls?
Just about any pet can do well with a house call. But, there are some that may do much better at home than they do in our clinic, including…
- Pets with severe anxiety at the vet office
- Arthritic pets, or dogs who have trouble jumping into the car
- Cats who are very difficult to get into carriers
- Households with multiple pets
- Pets who get carsick
- Pets undergoing euthanasia, who would be more comfortable in their home environment rather than the hospital
And of course, you’ll want to consider your own needs as a pet parent… if you have difficulty bringing your pet in to our office (whether it’s due to a physical limitation, or you have a super busy schedule), we’ll make your life easier by coming to you!
If you and your pet would appreciate us coming to you, rather than you having to travel to us… then let’s go ahead and get started!
Schedule your appointment by calling us at 352-350-5471.
We service Gainesville, Alachua, High Springs (within 25 miles of clinic), and our house call hours are Tuesdays 8am-4pm.